You may have noticed that we’ve recently made some changes to the ITIL Expert Program. Previously, students were given the option of Lifecycle Track study, Capability Track study, or a tailor made package with a mixture of courses from both tracks. We’ve now increased the number of courses included within the program, so that all courses from Foundation through to Managing Across the Lifecycle are available to all students. We’ve also reduced the price, just for good measure.
What do I get with the ITIL Expert Program?
Students studying the Expert program with ITSM Zone will have 365 days access to –
- ITIL Foundation Course
- Service Strategy
- Service Operation
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Continual Service Improvement
- Release, Control and Validation
- Service Offerings and Agreements
- Operational Support and Analysis
- Planning, Protection and Optimisation
- Managing Across the Lifecycle
- AND bonus course Implementing ITSM
All students will also have support from our 24/7 helpdesk and team of qualified, experienced tutors, plus a virtual mentor session with one of our wonderful mentors.
Do I Have to Study ALL of the Courses?
If you want to become an ITIL Expert, then there are some requirements. These are –
- You HAVE to take the ITIL Foundation course, which is included in the program. Without passing the ITIL Foundation, you can’t move onto the Intermediate level of study. There are 2 credits awarded for passing the Foundation.
- You HAVE to have 15 credits from the Intermediate level study. Each Lifecycle course is worth 3 credits, each Capability module 4 credits. Once you have 17 credits in total (2 from Foundation, 15 from Intermediate) then you can move on.
- You HAVE to complete and pass the capstone course Managing Across the Lifecycle. This is worth 5 credits and will give you the 22 that are needed to be an ITIL Expert.
Full access to all of the courses allows you to build the most appropriate program for you.
I Don’t Know Which Courses to Take…. Help!
Don’t worry! If you need assistance deciding which courses will provide the greatest benefit to you, then contact us and one of our tutors will get in touch to discuss it with you. Our free ITIL Roles download can also point you in the right direction.
Should I Take All of the Courses?
Only if you want to. There are certain roles where it may be beneficial to have a “completely complete” knowledge of ITIL and all of the education modules within the scheme. Perhaps if you’re considering becoming an ITIL consultant or trainer? Or if you just enjoy education and want to get the most value out of your Expert Program.
Where Can I Find Out More?
There’s more general information about the ITIL Expert scheme on Claire’s Blog. Alternatively, you can ask our team, by using the contact form on this site. We’re always on hand and happy to help.