ITIL 4 Specialist – High Velocity IT Course: Course Author Blog
Our latest eLearning course has arrived! If you’re ready to start your journey towards ITIL 4 Managing Professional status, or just keen to learn more about the High Velocity IT specialist training, this blog is for you. Course lead author Claire Agutter shares her inside knowledge and top tips to help you decide if this ITIL 4 certification is right for you, and prepare for your studies.
Where does this course fit in the ITIL 4 qualification scheme?
High Velocity IT (HVIT) is one of the ITIL 4 specialist courses. You can take the course as a standalone certification or take the other specialist courses to become an ITIL 4 Managing Professional. At ITSM Zone, we have all of the specialist courses currently in production, so make sure you sign up to our newsletter to be notified as they are released.
Don’t forget, if you already hold 17 credits from the ITIL v3 scheme or are an ITIL Expert, you can take the Managing Professional Transition course instead of the four specialist courses. View the course information for the Managing Professional Transition.
Who is the course for?
The HVIT course is aimed towards IT and ITSM managers and practitioners, who are working with or towards the delivery of digital products and services. It’s relevant for anyone working in an organization going through a digital transformation, and it is also very useful for:
- Roles in organizations working with or migrating towards Lean, Agile, or DevOps ways of working
- Highly automated environments
- Roles in organizations who need to rapidly transform their service delivery and management capabilities
Specific role titles that will benefit from this course will include:
- Service Designer
- Release Manager
- Cloud Architect
- DevOps Engineer
- Software Developer
- Automation Specialist
- Test Engineer
- Scrum Master
- Business Transformation Manager
- Applications Engineer
- Cloud Software and Network Engineer
- IT Operations
- And more…
If you’ve got questions about whether this course will be suitable for you, get in touch.
How is the course structured?
The course is structured around nine modules, each broken down into individual lessons so that you can manage your learning at your own pace and to suit your lifestyle. As with all of our courses, the lessons include a mixture of self-paced on-screen content, exercises, storytelling and animations, quizzes and downloadable documents.
The modules include:
- Module 1 – Concepts around the High-Velocity Nature of the Digital Enterprise
- Module 2 – The Digital Product Lifecycle and the ITIL Operating Model
- Module 3 – Key HVIT Concepts and Associated Behaviors
- Module 4 – Ensuring Valuable Investments
- Module 5 – Ensuring Fast Development
- Module 6 – Ensuring Resilient Operations
- Module 7 – Ensuring Co-created Value
- Module 8 – Ensuring Assured Conformance
- Module 9 – Recap and Exam Preparation
The ITIL 4 practices included in the course are:
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Problem management
- Monitoring and event management
- Service continuity management
- Infrastructure and platform management
- Service design
- Service desk
- Risk management
- Information security management
What are the key learning points?
Taking the ITIL 4 High Velocity IT training will provide you with the skills and knowledge to:
- Understand the rapid nature of the digital enterprise and how to co-create resilient and valuable digital services at speed
- Understand the benefits of a less centralized approach to IT service delivery
- Utilize the latest digital technology to optimize end-user services and maximize investments
- Balance working with complex, adaptive systems and flexible processes that can adapt to changing environments
- Demonstrate how to integrate the digital product lifecycle with ITIL’s core operating model to meet and exceed business goals
- Utilize new ways of working and approaches to enable small incremental steps and effectively work with new and complex systems.
What will I find interesting?
If you already have some ITSM and ITIL experience, you’ll enjoy learning about how digital organizations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments.
Whether you’ve got in-depth ITIL experience or not, you’ll gain a whole new perspective when learning about how to use ITIL’s operating model for digital delivery and transformation. You’ll identify areas where you can create real, measurable improvements in your own organization.
What will I find most challenging?
The HVIT course has a broad ranging syllabus with many concepts covered, but not always in great detail. You’ll learn about areas like ethics, psychological safety and Toyota Kata. We recommend that as you study, you make notes of the topics that are relevant to your role so you can investigate them in more depth as you start to apply them.
What are the benefits of ITIL 4 High Velocity IT specialist certification?
ITIL 4 Specialist: HVIT will help you as a professional to:
- Converge business goals with IT goals
- Embed complex and adaptive systems
- Bridge the development and operations gap
- Improve performance with Lean, Agile and DevOps methods
- Increase the speed and quality of services
- Make value-creating digital and IT investments
The ITIL 4 certifications are valued around the world and recognized by employers as a sign that you have up to date service management skills and knowledge. Achieving the certification is an investment in your career.
What are the benefits of taking the ITSM Zone eLearning course for ITIL 4 HVIT?
Let’s consider this question from the organizational and the individual perspective.
For organizations, there will be tangible benefits realized by training staff in the HVIT module.
Anyone attending the course will be able to build on existing service management processes and capabilities in the organization, blending in new ways of working and methods to create more value. The HVIT concepts encourage embracing change and innovation, allowing you to experiment and see benefits – at a fast pace.
For individuals, there are the obvious employability benefits that come with having up to date certifications on your resume. But training is about so much more than just having a certificate, it’s about exposure to new ideas and the outcomes that this can deliver. If you’ve been working in ITSM for a long time, this training will give you an opportunity to embrace new concepts and challenge the mentality of ‘but we’ve always done it that way’!
Share this posts…